Monday 12 March 2012

21.23

Skinny for July


I'm not 'obese', but I am overweight and if I carry on like I have been obesity is where I'm headed!



I’ve decided that the time has come to lose some weight. I’ve been on countless diets before that really work. The problem is, I don’t stick to them. I think my problem is that I tend to think ‘oh, I’ll just have this now, and then tomorrow I’ll work really hard’. And then, do I? Do I bugger. I need to take things more seriously this time and really try to enforce my willpower.

My biggest decision was which diet to follow! I decided to opt for Calorie-Counting; it’s effective with relatively quick results. According to weightlossresources.co.uk if I stick to 1100 calories a day, (starting from today) by 9th June I will be at my target weight of 25lbs lighter! This even seems quite close!

My other option was Slimming World. I’ve done this before, I know it works. I’m not sure if I’d see results as rapid as from the calorie counting though; in the past I was losing about 1lb a week. I think the main pro of Slimming World is going to the group to get weighed regularly, I know this would help me, not wanting to turn up at the meeting and to have ‘put on’. 

The pro’s of a CC plan are; I can have whatever I like (in moderation obviously). What with everything now having to have the calories on the box, it will be easy to keep track of. I’m well aware that 1100 calories isn’t likely to have me very full; so I’ll be forced into filling up on healthier foods.

Both plans allow me to have that treat of a few biscuits or chocolate bar after my dinner. This is my main problem, I never feel full after a meal unless I’ve finished it off with some sort of desert! Because I know this is where I fall short a lot of the time; I’m just going to work it into my plan. If I plan ahead, less it likely to go wrong!

I’m not sure when I’m going to start my plan; if I’m doing this, I’m going to do it properly and not have any excuses! As it’s the end of term and I’m going to be saying goodbye to uni friends for a while I imagine there’s going to be alcohol/meals out involved! So it seems daft to start now and deny myself these things; but starting on Aprl 1st is such a long time away. I’ve planned a takeaway/film night with my flatmate for tomorrow night, so I think I’ll start Wednesday. Not the most normal day to start something, but whatever! I won’t deny myself the odd night out before I finish uni though!

My second biggest problem is going to be eating out; it’s something that me and my boyfriend do a lot, it’s ‘our thing’ I suppose! Like I said before, a lot of the time the calories are on absolutely everything, so I can try and stick to my limits and even save some calories up/use less the next day if I have to! I’ll also get weighed ‘officially’, at a Boots or somewhere where I know it’s accurate.

I never stick to anything, but this time I’m really determined to do it for the sake of my health!


No comments:

Post a Comment