Wednesday 14 March 2012

21.37

Hun, you never looked so beautiful...
I wasn't sure what picture to use; I put Lana Del Rey as I'll probably never mention her again!



Today I discovered I can have Spotify on my phone! I had it on my old one, and I'm not quite sure what made me think I couldn't have  it on this one, so I've done without for 6 months! Anyway I have it now, I've spent alot of the evening making playlists. I don't really listen to much 'new' music, I just listen to the stuff that I liked years ago when I really loved music! When I put music on, I generally put music from The OC on. I really 'bum' the show, it's my all time favourite and I'm always claiming it changed my life and all sorts. It did,  really. Anyway, the soundtrack from it is so good and most of my fave songs of all time are from the soundtrack. Even the covers are better than the originals; Ryan Adam's version of Wonderwall, and Jem's Maybe I'm Amazed, for example. I've got all 4 season's of The OC on DVD and I usually re-watch it every summer. Summer (for me) is just round the corner; but I don't know if i'm mentally rady to start from Season 1 just yet (I'm really wierd and sensitive about it, honestly). I think I'll start watching it when by boyfriend puts his massive telly in my (our (MY)) room, in a month or so I imagine.

Back to the music! I've been listning to Lana Del Rey's album which is really good! Shes also had a Mulberry named after her; I don't think it's been released yet, but it's rally nice. I'm not usually fussed about Mulberry handbags because they're largely satchels, but this one's more 'handbaggy'. Not that i'd ever (well maybe in a few years) pay that sort of amout on a bag, but I imagine there would be alot of replicas. I don;t have a problem with fakes; I know it can seem really cheap and tacky, but it all depends on how you dress it! I have a really good replica coming in the post this week, when I start doing more ~fashiony~ posts I'm sure it will be mentioned!

I really can't stick to talking about music can I!? When I was in my teens I loved music, 'it was my life', I'd buy NME every week and Q every month and get really excited when I 'discovered' a new band, and couldn't wait to tell my friends about it. I thought I'd never be able to be friends with anyone that didn't like the same type of music as me aha, which seems really hilarious in hindsight. I suppose my friends do like alot of the same music as me, I was just a kid and obviously now I realise it's just a hobby and there's more to life! But it's still funny thinking about it.

I wanted to go and see The Maccabbees on Monday night, they were doing a gig right round the corner from where  live, but it was my theory test (passed! :D) the next day so I had to get the train home,I was a bit gutted. I've seen wuite a few bands at this venue, I went to se The Subways there with my friends years ago, little did I know I'd be living about 3 roads down a couple of years later! We were really impressed that Pete Doherty crashed his car outside there a fe years previously. I've also seen Pete Doherty there actually. The last 'gig', I went to was Weezer in Brixton over the summer. They're my boyfriend's favourite but they never come to the UK so I'd promised hm that if they ever came I'd take him. It was one of my fave shows, I really like the band so I knew all the words and it was such a good atmosphere. Briston itself was an absolute dive. So was the Travel Lodge in Covent Garden we stayed in.

I haven't been up to much else! Taking advantage of not having any work/revision by cooking a roast an watching loads of tv! Going into town wth my flatmate tomorrow to pick something up for Mother's Day. I've got her some PJs and I'll get her some S&G bldy spray that  I wear that I know she likes, I'm not sure what else. I'm really close with my Mum, she's my best mate. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't speak to her on the phone every day!

I'll stop now because I'm really blabbing. I didn't intend my blog to be just a diary of my day to day activities andramblings, but I'm just getting used to posting regularly atm, and my only followers are my friend and boyfriend, so whatever! Hopefully I'll find my feet and get the confidence to do more interesting posts soon.


1 comment:

  1. I was there Nadine. LOL.

    Check out my latest post. Or it might be the one before by the time you read this. ;)

    ReplyDelete