Thursday 8 March 2012

16.48



Tanning Dilemma 



I’ve been a bit naughty and haven’t stuck to what I said I’d do. This is probably the story of my life. I didn’t blog yesterday and today I got a shower and put clean pjs back on! Although I can kinda justify it because I had planned to have a day in the house because I had to revise for my driving theory test, which is actually going quite well.

As this involved me being on my laptop, I inevitably ended up browsing the web and blogs. I was looking at peoples inspirational summer pics (lol) on tumblr etc and started getting some serious tan envy! I’ve always enjoyed a good bit of fake tan in the past, but after looking at pictures of myself from over Christmas, thinking I looked terrible and other pale people looking so much better, I decided to give it up. It’s been a lovely, hassle free few months; but I still don’t look like any of the pretty pale girls. (When will I learn to accept myself, eh!?)

Not having the hassle and mess of fake tan has been the best part of going au-natural, and I really don’t want to go back to it to be honest. So, of course, sun beds came straight into my mind! I’m guilty of going on them 
in the past; you see relatively quick results, it takes hardly any time, it’s fairly inexpensive, it looks good. Downside, it causes cancer, ages you, all the magazines etc are telling us not to use them. Tricky one, right?
I’m a good girl, I don’t smoke, rarely drink, never to excess, I look after my skin, the only thing I’m guilty of is being overweight; which I am trying to combat. So why can’t this be my ‘naughty’ thing? My only real worry is wrinkles to be perfectly frank. I can see them coming and its horrible! I was thinking about covering my eyes while im on the sun bed, would this work? Is is a completely ridiculous thought? I know you can wear goggles but I don’t know if this would cover a big enough area.

I just had a rummage through my tanning products; my favourite is the cheap and cheerful ‘St. Moritz’, which I know loads of other girls swear by, so I know if I do opt to fake it this will be what I use. I also found Avon Skin so Soft Satin Glow Airbrush Spray, which my Mum gave to me last year. She claimed to have found it under her bed and didn’t remember buying it. Which shows how old it must be. Anyway I had a bit of a spray, my arms and chest and just one of my legs (for comparison). Like I say I have no idea how old this product is but oh em gee the alcohol fumes coming off it took my breath away!! I went to make a cup of tea, came back into my room and I could barely breath, I had to open the windows! Knowing it is all over my skin has made me feel a bit uncomfortable. So that ones ruled out!

My main problem is laziness, so maintaining a tan that looks good is the biggest effort! I wouldn’t have this problem going on a sun bed twice a week. My tips from work would easily cover the cost,  my only worry really is it ageing my skin!

Writing this, and thinking about the hassle of fake tan, has made my decision of opting for the sun bed. The more dangerous one. I think I’ll make a little compromise with myself to drink more water and eat more healthily while I do this. Also find a good wrinkle preventation cream. The chances are I’ll decide to stop going on the beds after about 5 goes!


P.s that alcohol stench is still in my room and the back of my throat, an hour later. If it’s still on sale (which I doubt very highly aha), do not buy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment